IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR UK SPOUSE VISAS & EXTENSION APPLICATIONS
In such difficult times we hope that you are keeping well and taking all the necessary precautions. You may be anxious as to your UK Visa status if there is total shutdown within the Home office or the UK Visa application processing time takes longer than normal. This type of Virus can have a massive impact on your Visa!
We are updating procedures that may impact upcoming UK Visa extension applications if your Biometric residence permit is expiring within the next 12 months. Please kindly note the following:
UK SPOUSE VISA EXPIRY DATE WARNING
- VERY IMPORTANT WARNING: Do not leave your UK Extension Visa until its too late. The Home office are working slower than normal due to the Coronavirus situation. UK Visa applicants are legally obliged to submit an online application before their current Visa expires. If you fail to do this, then you are classed as an overstayer and will be in the UK illegally.
- An out of time application will affect your ability to find work or remain at work and will mean more legal work and costs and the added stress of being in the UK illegally.
UK SPOUSE VISA TIMINGS & HOME OFFICE FINANCIAL GUIDANCE
- You may be eligible for extending your Visa or obtaining Permanent Visa / ILR earlier than your visa expiry date.
- We advise clients to approach us between 6 – 12 months before their UK Spouse Visa expires. We can assess when exactly you can apply and check if you qualify for the next visa based. https://www.ukspousevisahelp.com/conditions-of-the-uk-spouse/#b
- You can in certain cases combine the Visa applicant’s income with that of the UK Sponsor. There are many ways to calculate the income requirements they are not at the required level prior to an application date. Use our in house Visa assessment tool: https://www.ukspousevisahelp.com/assessment/
- All UK Visa extension applications are NO LONGER posted to the Home Office but submitted online. You are then you are required to attend a Biometric Visa centre in person and provide fingerprints / supporting documents. The decision on UK Visa approvals generally takes 8 – 12 weeks but this may increase due to the current situation.
- As long as you submit an application before the Visa expires then your legal status will be secured. This is regardless of how long the decision takes. This means that you can continue to live and work in the UK. As long as you follow the Visa rules, we can reduce the impact that the virus has on your legal status.
BIOMETRIC VISA CENTRE OPERATIONS
- Biometric Visa centres are closing down or reducing staff numbers which means that it is difficult to obtain an appointment. However you are still required to submit a valid UK Visa application. Some centre have closed so check here: https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=56249
- The golden rule is that if you have submitted an application a BEFORE YOUR VISA EXPIRES, then your appointment to submit your fingerprints and supporting evidence can be much later and often weeks or months after your UK Visa has expired. Do not worry as this is very common.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU SUBMIT A VALID UK VISA APPLICATION
You do not need to visit us in person as ALL applications can be handled remotely. You can email over documents to review. Speak to us on Skype, phone, e-mail and whatsapp video calling. Your Visa status will be safe and secure despite the uncertainty that the Virus has caused.
We have full remote working capabilities in place and are able to provide full support including preparing all UK Visa applications online.
We are here to help you in any way possible so please do give us a call on 01293 522275 or email us at email@example.com.